Conversation with Moses Eteku of Shamos Tech Solutions




1. What are your names?

My name is Eteku Moses.


2. Where did you go to school?

I attended Makerere University.


3. What did you study?

I studied Computer Engineering and earned a bachelor's degree.


4. Tell us about what you do? I hear you have two major projects for which you have sole responsibility?


I am the CEO and CTO of FarmPawa and the founder and CEO of Shamos Tech Solutions. FarmPawa is a platform that connects investors with agricultural opportunities, primarily supporting smallholder farmers in Uganda. Investors can choose farm assets like livestock or crops, monitor their progress, and earn profits at harvest, benefiting both themselves and the farmers.

Shamos Tech Solutions provides tailored IT solutions for businesses and developed KauntaBook, a product that simplifies financial management for small businesses.








5. What are some of the major influences in your past that are determining what you are doing now?


Growing up in a rural area, I saw firsthand the challenges farmers face that included access to capital and the potential for technology to transform agriculture. My passion for technology and innovation, coupled with the desire to make a tangible impact on my community, has been a significant influence. Additionally, my education and early career experiences in IT have equipped me with the skills necessary to drive these initiatives forward.


6. Do you have any interesting experiences you wish to share with younger developers?


To younger developers, I’d say never stop learning and don’t be afraid to take risks. Each project, whether successful or not, is a valuable learning opportunity.


7. Tell us about your favorite design and development platforms?

I have a preference for versatile and robust platforms so i often use frameworks like Flutter , Laravel Django,next Js, WordPress and React for both mobile and web development. For project management and collaboration, I rely on tools like Slack. For design I prefer using figma , and I have a good touch in Adobe Photoshop and AI.


8. How vibrant is the Investment space in Uganda for startups? What is the outlook in your view about the Technology and Innovation Ecosystem in General?


Well I can say it's growing steadily, with more interest from local and international investors. However, there is still a need for more support in terms of funding, mentorship, and infrastructure to help startups scale effectively.


9. What are your immediate needs?

Currently, we are looking for investment to scale our projects and expand our reach.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q and A with Luke Sheehan an experienced Copywriter

Interview With Jonathan Ntege Lubwama of Benue Capital

Conversation with Jimmy Ouni of TISA and TRUISM.